Monday, October 4, 2010

Power!

Hey Hey Sista's!  What a week, it started off with so much promise but after a certain too many points in the -1 category ( you ALL know the ONE I am talking about) I ended up with a pleasant 16 total for the week!  Go me, that means I did 15 things better than I did last week right!  For my something fun on Saturday I made a little girls dreams of having a pink bedroom come true thanks to the help of a little paint & wall paper!  It turned out so stinkin cute, I really love decorating and creating happy spaces.  I SO enjoyed conference this weekend it was just the recharge that my old batteries needed. This was the first time in a very long time that I actually got to listen to all of the sessions, and if I was still in YW (cry cry) I could use it for a ten hour project!

So now on to the word power:  Last night I was blog stalking one of my favorite artists Mindy Gledhill (She is amazing & fun) and I found a blog of a sweet lady who came and talked to us for Young Womens one time, Rhonnna Farrer.  On her blog she has a 21 day challenge with a motivating thought for each day.  While I am not going to start yet another challenge I thought that I would share some of her thoughts to help motivate us all. She gives permission to use her words as long as we don't try to sell them.   Her first word of encouragement is Power!


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

You can check out Rhonna on her blog: http://rhonnadesigns.blogspot.com - 
She has designed graphics to print out to help remind and encourage us all!  

Have a powerful week Sista's!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment